Saturday, November 6, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog

I have toyed with the idea of blogging for quite some time now. I've made the decision the way I do most decisions in my life- I toyed with the idea for a long, long time. I thought about the pros and cons, researched the idea a bit, bounced it off of some trusted resources, then plunged in head first.

This blog will be a random collection of seven individual stories- seven individual stories that make up the herd of which I am the keeper. The herd consists of myself, my hopelessly devoted husband and our five very individual children. My role is to keep the herd together and moving in the right direction. Sometimes I run in circles. Sometimes I have to bark. Sometimes I growl. But, my herd keeps moving, generally in the right direction and when I flop down exhausted in the field, I fall into the loving arms of the Great Shepherd who guides me.

What kind of randomness you wonder? Oh, so much to pick from. Where to start?
A journey with Asperger's Syndrome?
Moans and groans and broken bones?
The improbable task of balancing homework and herding?

Since I have plunged into this whole thing head first, I'll just go ahead and answer the most frequently asked question, the one I know is floating in the back of your mind somewhere-

"FIVE! How do you do it?"

Its kind of like that Garth Brooks song Fever...'its really kind of simple, you keep your mind in the middle while your butt spins round and round'.

Yep. Its kinda like that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment